Is Chocolate bad for your dog?
The simple answer is yes, unless its dog chocolate. Human chocolate is toxic to dogs, actually to all animals.
My dog ate chocolate and was OK! this is what I hear from some people. Yes you may have been lucky it didn’t affect your dog. The only problem is if its too late when your dog eats all your kids Easter Eggs or the Christmas chocolates.
The ingredient in chocolate that damages your dog is theobromine.Human metabolism is quicker than a dog so it is not dangerous to us. To dogs however it builds up in their system
The amount that is dangerous is this:
Milk chocolate: 1 ounce per pound of body weight. Approximately one pound of milk chocolate is poisonous to a 20-pound dog; one-half pound for a 10-pound dog. The average chocolate bar contains 2 to 3 ounces of milk chocolate. It would take 2-3 chocolate bars to poison a 10 pound dog.